Introducing Peak Perks MY THERMOSTAT REWARDS
Central Hudson Gas & Electric Customers With HONEYWELL Smart Thermostats Get Paid to Save Energy
Central Hudson Gas & Electric wants to lower demand during high demand hours – especially during those summer days when everyone cranks up their AC at the same time.
My Thermostat Rewards works in conjunction with Central Hudson Gas & Electric’s Peak Perks program to save energy and money.
If you . . .
- Receive electricity from Central Hudson Gas & Electric
- Have a home or business in an area identified as at times energy-constrained
- Own a Honeywell Wi-Fi enabled smart thermostat, and
- Control your central air conditioner or heat pump
By enrolling in My Thermostat Rewards, you can receive . . .
- $150 for your enrollment, plus
- $50 every year you participate
Why My Thermostat Rewards
Smart thermostats help lower cost. They can also help conserve when energy saving is most needed.
Every kilowatt of electricity not generated during a conservation event helps:
- Keep electricity rates lower over the long term
- Reduce the amount of carbon emissions and other pollutants associated with peak power generation
- Avoid costly infrastructure upgrades otherwise needed to meet growing demand
How It Works
- Between June 1 and September 30, demand for electricity soars. During these times, the My Thermostat Rewards program automatically engages the central air conditioning systems of participants in a "conservation event."
- During a conservation event, Central Hudson Gas & Electric will send a wireless signal to your smart thermostat to cycle the central air conditioner’s compressor.
- The compressor then operates on and off in 10 to 15 minute intervals for a half hour up to four hours until energy supply and demand are once again balanced.
- During the event, your central air conditioner’s fan will continue to run, circulating air throughout your home.
Honeywell Lyric and Total Connect Comfort (TCC) thermostats with model numbers:
You may also choose to participate directly in the Peak Perks program by requesting installation of an outdoor efficiency switch instead. Visit https://cenhubpeakperks.com/ to learn more.
Ready to do your part and receive your $150 enrollment payment?
Program Rules and Customer Agreement
Central Hudson Gas & Electric – Peak Perks My Thermostat Rewards (MTR) Program Rules
The following Program Rules and Customer Agreement pertain only to Central Hudson Gas & Electric customers in Targeted Demand Management (TDM) load zones.
- Open to Central Hudson Gas & Electric residential and small commercial customers named on electric accounts in TDM load zones.
- MTR Participants must have wireless internet connectivity (Wi-Fi) and a central heat ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system or a heat pump and central heat. Homes with window air conditioning units or multi-zone systems are not eligible. Heat only systems are not eligible for this program.
- MTR Participants must have an eligible MTR Thermostat, as listed in the Eligible Smart Thermostats section below.
- Current Peak Perks Participants with eligible MTR Thermostats are permitted to participate with their thermostats, but will not be eligible to receive the enrollment incentive. Central Hudson Gas & Electric reserves the right to review any exception to this restriction.
- MTR Participants must own and have control of the residence’s thermostat.
- MTR Participants will receive a $150 enrollment incentive payment and a $50 annual participation incentive payment per device.
- If an MTR Participant drops out of the MTR program before the end of the conservation season (i.e., before September 30 of any MTR program year) or opts out of more than two conservation events, the annual incentive will not be paid.
- Enrollment incentives will be paid within twelve (12) weeks of when enrollment has been confirmed.
- Annual participation incentives will be credited to Participants’ bills within one month of the end of the program year. If a participant opts out of the program in the same month in which they enrolled, they will forfeit any incentives.
Change Participation Status:
- If MTR Participants inform Central Hudson Gas & Electric they wish to be removed from the program, their thermostat will be deactivated from the program, they will cease to participate in conservation events, and they will not be eligible for the annual participation incentive for that season.
- Conservation events will occur June 1 through September 30, between noon and 8 p.m., will last for at least one-half (1/2) hour, and may last for up to four (4) hours. In the event of a regional or system-wide emergency, events may last longer than 4 hours.
- Conservation events will not occur on weekends or federal holidays.
- MTR Participants must participate in all conservation events, but may opt out of two events each conservation season (June through September). Excessive opt-outs or persistent and/or lengthy periods of disconnection may disqualify the MTR Participant from the program and all future cash incentives.
- NYISO, the state’s electrical transmission authority, could require emergency Conservation Events for regional reliability reasons any time of year, for which Central Hudson Gas & Electric may, for compliance, be required to cycle air conditioners and heat pumps. Customer may not opt out of an NYISO conservation event.
Eligible Smart Thermostats:
To participate in the MTR program, currently eligible customers must control any of the following thermostats: Honeywell Lyric and Total Connect Comfort (TCC) Thermostats
All MTR Participants must (a) have an active account linked with Honeywell International Inc.; (b) have an installed qualifying Honeywell smart thermostat controlling an air conditioning unit at Participant’s service address; and (c) agree to the conditions set forth in the Honeywell International Inc. service agreement.
- BY SUBMITTING YOUR ENROLLMENT, AND/OR BY YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CENTRAL HUDSON GAS & ELECTRIC PEAK PERKS MY THERMOSTAT REWARDS (MTR) PROGRAM (THE “PROGRAM"), YOU (“CUSTOMER”) AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS PARTICIPATION AGREEMENT WITH ITRON, INC., THE EXCLUSIVE CENTRAL HUDSON GAS & ELECTRIC CONTRACTOR OF THE PROGRAM (“CONTRACTOR”). IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS, PLEASE CONTACT ITRON AT 000-000-0000 TO DISCONNECT YOUR THERMOSTAT FROM THE PROGRAM.
- Customer agrees to enroll in the Program through account links provided by the manufacturer of Customer’s owned and controlled program-eligible smart thermostat (the “Equipment”). To be eligible to participate in the Program, Customer must (1) be a Central Hudson Gas & Electric residential or small commercial electric service account holder; (2) have a wireless internet network at the Central Hudson Gas & Electric service address; (3) have an active account linked with Honeywell International Inc.; (4) have an installed qualifying Honeywell smart thermostat controlling an air conditioning unit at customer’s service address; and (5) agree to the conditions set forth in the Honeywell International Inc. service agreements.
- Customer understands that the Equipment will permit Central Hudson Gas & Electric to cycle off and on the compressor on Customer’s central air conditioner unit or heat pump during times of high overall electricity demand.
- The incentives Customer will receive in consideration for participation are as follows:
- $150 enrollment incentive payment per device
- $50 annual participation incentive payment per device